- Our Responsibility: At Pharmasave, your wellness is our priority. We take great pride in providing you with the most complete health and wellness services and products. The same applies to making sure that the information you pass on to us remains private. We have always safeguarded your health and personal information with utmost care. This policy outlines our procedures and guidelines that we follow to make sure we do not break this trust.
- Your Responsibility: You are responsible for keeping your information safe. Be responsible and cautious whenever you offer your personal information. You should ensure that whenever you disclose personal information, that information is used in an appropriate manner and stored safely.
- Information from Children: Although we do not actively solicit personal or other information from children under the age of 13, it is possible for children to disclose their personal information to us. If you are under 13 years of age and would like to participate in our programs, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
- Profile Information: If you register with our website, such as to receive newsletters, eFlyers, health and wellness information, news updates or other information from us, you will receive a password and account designation when you have completed the profile information. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. You are responsible for managing your account, including but not limited to maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and/or any of your account information. You are also responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or on your account.
Burnaby Pharmacy Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Information collected by Burnaby Pharmacy Ltd. is only used to provide you with healthcare services or to provide you with information regarding those services. Your personal information may be used for statistical purposes, but such statistics do not contain any information that could identify you. Burnaby Pharmacy Ltd. does not sell your personal information for any purpose whatsoever.
Using our website
By using the Burnaby Pharmacy Ltd. Website, you are consenting to the collection and use of personal pharmacy and medical information as set out in this policy. Any changes to the policy will be immediately communicated through the company’s Website.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Pharmacy may collect personal information from a user of the Website (the “Site User”) when the Site User uses the Pharmacy website. The Pharmacy may use such personal information as is reasonably required to process the Site User’s registration for the Website and/or to provide information and other features on the website that may be useful to the Site User.
Contact information that the Site User provides to the Website may be used to contact him or her in connection with the Website. For instance, depending on which services the Site User has subscribed to and which privacy preferences the Site User has indicated to the Pharmacy, the Pharmacy may use the Site User’s contact information to provide notices regarding changes to the Website or regarding new or updates to the services or products.
The Pharmacy may collect and analyze non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the Website, including non‑personal information about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. The Pharmacy also automatically receives and records information on the Pharmacy’s server logs, which information may include the Site User’s computer’s IP address and “cookie” information. The Pharmacy uses the Site User’s IP address to help identify the Site User, gather broad demographic information about the Pharmacy’s users, diagnose problems with the Pharmacy’s systems, and administer the Website. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the Site User’s computer and cannot read data off of the Site User’s computer. The only information a cookie can collect is information supplied by the Site User.
The Pharmacy collects demographic and profile data in connection with the Website and uses such data to tailor each Site User’s experience at the Website and displaying the content according to the Site User’s preferences.
The Pharmacy may share personal information with third-party subcontractors and agents who work on the Pharmacy’s behalf and third party service providers to who provide advice and services in relation to the website or in relation to products or services featured on the website. Such third parties do not have the right to use personal information beyond what is necessary to assist the Pharmacy and they are contractually obliged to maintain confidentiality and security of the personal information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by the Pharmacy.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Pharmacy may disclose personal information as follows:
- to third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on behalf of the Pharmacy in relation to the website,
- to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences,
- to legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of its business or operations, and
- as consented to by the Site User from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
The Pharmacy will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the Site User’s consent or as required or permitted by law. Consent may be express or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by the Site User’s conduct, such as accessing the Website and/or use of the services or products provided by the Website.
Storage of Personal Information
While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities.
Billing Records and Payment Information
The Pharmacy keeps billing records that include payment information and documentation of the services provided to the Site User. This information may be used to obtain payment for these services.
The Pharmacy is under compliance of the BC Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), which came into effect on January 1, 2004 and the BC e-Health Act (Personal Health Information Access and Protection of Privacy Act) which came into effect on May 29, 2008. As well, the applicable privacy protection measures contained in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Cookies and IP Addresses
The Pharmacy protects against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of employees. However, it is possible that any information transmitted via the Internet may be intercepted by unknown third parties. The Pharmacy is not responsible for the transmission of personal information that is disclosed or becomes transmitted through no omission or act of the Pharmacy.
When appropriate, Site Users are given the opportunity to (i) opt-out of receiving communications from the Pharmacy, (ii) remove their personal information from the Pharmacy’s records, or (iii) elect to no longer receive services from the Pharmacy. If the Site User wishes to opt-out of receiving further communications, please contact the Pharmacy’s by email or phone using the contact information provided below.
The information on this Website is intended for Canadian residents only.
The information provided is intended for general purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional pharmacy or medical advice.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy policies, access to your record, correction of information or if you have a privacy complaint, contact us by email or by phone.
Canada Way Pharmasave Health Centre
Attention: Store Manager
Address: 100A – 3300 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC V5M 4A4
Phone: (604) 453-0136